Thursday, July 7, 2022


2023: Visit this INEC portal to register as a voter, transfer polling unit

2023: Visit this INEC portal to register as a voter, transfer polling unit
June 28
11:19 2021

The wait is finally over: You can now begin your voter registration process online ahead of the 2023 general elections.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has opened a portal where intending voters can register before they complete the process at a designated centre.

On the portal here, you can pre-register as a new voter or review your voter registration status if you have registered in the past.

The review includes requesting to update your information or transfer your voter registration to another polling unit if you have relocated.


Registered voters can also correct their personal details, request for replacement of damaged or defaced permanent voters’ cards (PVCs) on the portal.

Intending voters are only required to fill the forms on the portal with their biodata and required documents, after which they will visit an INEC state or LGA office.

At the INEC offices which they can visit from July 19, they will be requested to give their fingerprints to complete the registration.


Mahmood Yakubu, INEC chairman, said last week that the registration exercise is for the following categories of Nigerians:

  • Those who are 18 years and above and have not registered previously.
  • Registered voters who have had any problem during accreditation for any past election, with either their
  • Permanent Voters’ Cards or their fingerprints not being read by the Smart Card Reader.
  • Registered voters who want to transfer their voting location from one place to another.
  • Registered voters who want to correct issues with their data, such as misspelt names, dates of birth, etc.
  • Registered voters whose PVCs are lost or damaged.


  1. Iyke
    Iyke June 29, 06:58

    Good one and on time

    Reply to this comment
    MURAINA July 01, 12:56

    Please how do I update my voter card issued to me 2006 year, my name is incorrect spelling and date of birth I are not corresponding to my NIN and BVN.

    Reply to this comment
    • ZIman
      ZIman August 09, 04:24

      Please I want to transfer my voting centre from Oluyole south west local government to Ona Are local government and also want to change my date of birth to 1995. Thanks.

      Reply to this comment
  3. Auwal
    Auwal July 01, 17:45

    I like this

    Reply to this comment
  4. kasiem
    kasiem July 09, 12:41

    Please how do go about my re-registration of my voters card,I lost mine years ago.
    Thank you.

    Reply to this comment
  5. Edeivie
    Edeivie July 19, 19:56

    I want to transfer my permanent voters card from oruama engenni to ikodi engenni, ahoada west local government area.

    Reply to this comment
  6. Mali
    Mali July 30, 19:44

    A welcome development,kudos!

    Reply to this comment
  7. Austinjay
    Austinjay August 04, 23:32

    I want my details to be written correctly as:
    VIN 90F5 B03B DE29 6208 257

    Date of birth: 09/08/1977

    Reply to this comment
  8. Nathy
    Nathy September 21, 12:37

    i want to update my PVC which I registered during 2015 elections. Cards owner is Ukre Nathan and registered at Oke village in Agbon clan in Ethiope East

    Reply to this comment
  9. tessy
    tessy February 22, 09:35

    please do we need BVN and NIN for this

    Reply to this comment
  10. Daam
    Daam March 09, 11:54

    what is the site for me to transfer my registration voter

    Reply to this comment

Write a Comment