MARKET UPDATE
Advertisement

TheCable

Charly Boy group suspends anti-Buhari protest indefinitely

Charly Boy group suspends anti-Buhari protest indefinitely
August 16
12:26 2017

The anti-Buhari protest led by Charles Oputa, the entertainer better known as Charly Boy, has been suspended indefinitely.

This comes a day after members of the group were assaulted at Wuse market in Abuja.

Announcing the suspension at Unity Fountain in Abuja on Wednesday, Charly Boy said the next line of action would be made known in the days ahead.

He said even though members of the group had received death threats, they were not deterred.

Advertisement

“We are not deterred by the intimidation and harassment by the sponsored thugs and we cannot be cowed by a few group of people,” he said.

“What government want to do is to ensure that we have a clash with the hired crowd and we will not allow that to happen.”

But for the intervention of security personnel, the situation at the market would have gone out of hand.

Advertisement

Although Charly Boy escaped, his car was damaged. A man who was injured was rushed to the hospital by operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

The protesters had started a campaign on Monday last week, demanding that President Muhammadu Buhari – who is on a medical vacation the UK – resumes or resigns.

Buhari is the first Nigerian president to have spent over 100 days in a year outside the country.

Before leaving the country on May 7, Buhari had earlier spent 49 days, still in the UK. The presidency has refused to make public the nature of his ailment.

Advertisement

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment