Federal Government will rebuild the destroyed Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State.
It will also fortify security around schools.
These new measures were announced by presidential spokesman Reuben Abati on Tuesday.
Over 200 girls writing their final exams were kidnapped by Boko Haram insurgents in Chibok last month. The militants also destroyed the school.
Abati said in collaboration with the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Education, former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and the private sector, the government will launch the “Safe Schools Initiative”.
This, he said, will address security issues, re-build the destroyed schools and provide equipment and materials.
Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan has “strongly” condemned Tuesday’s bomb blasts in Jos, Plateau state, describing the perpetrators as “cruel and evil”.
Abati said in a statement that Jonathan has directed all relevant agencies to mobilise support and relief efforts in aid of the victims.
“President Jonathan assures all Nigerians that government remains fully committed to winning the war against terror, and this administration will not be cowed by the atrocities of enemies of human progress and civilisation,” he said.