Millions of Nigerians tweet, post and like posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but now you can get paid for doing the same thing the Skits way.
Skits, an app that allows you to create and/or promote fun videos for brands while earning money real time, is the first social commerce app in Nigeria.
It producers say it is currently available for Android devices, and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
“The iOS version of the app is currently in development, so iPhone users will have to wait for the app before they can earn from creating videos,” the producers say.
IPhone users are urged to visit, and sign up for an account and start earning from promoting videos, while awaiting the app.
Ugo Iromantu, the brain behind the app, said the app would help most Nigerians earn, regardless of their following.
“To earn on social media is inefficient, disorganised and limited to celebrities and influencers with 100k+ followers,” he said.
“But we believed that fun and creative content could come from even the most obscure users, and we just had to figure out a way to distribute that content to massive audiences, while making the entire experience seamless, fun and rewarding for everyone.”
The Skits team says it expects that the proposition of earning will be highly appealing to people who engage actively on social media, but also believe that Skits could provide casual entertainment to people across various demographics.
HOW SKITS WORKS
- Brands create campaigns using the Skits dashboard.
- Users download the Skits mobile app and follow brands to discover new campaigns. Users may also discover campaigns through the brands’ marketing. Users create fun videos using the app and submit to the campaigns.
- The brands (say, OMO, for example) select and feature videos that appeal to them the most. Brands can feature numerous videos.
- Once a brand features a video, users on Skits can promote the video to start earning coins, while the creator of the video earns 10 coins each time the video is promoted.
- Coin balances below 5,000 can be redeemed as mobile airtime, while balances of 5,000 and above can be redeemed as cash. Each coin is equivalent to N1.