Monday, October 25, 2021
MARKET UPDATE

TheCable

Advertisement

Nine corpses recovered after fresh bandits’ attack in Kaduna

Nine corpses recovered after fresh bandits’ attack in Kaduna
August 22
15:56 2021

Nine corpses have been recovered after gunmen attacked Ungwan Dooh village, Zangon Kataf LGA of Kaduna state.

Advertisement

In a statement on Sunday, Samuel Aruwan, commissioner for internal security, said many persons are feared dead in the attack.

He added that the troops of Operation Safe Haven also rescued 12 persons who were fleeing from the attack.

“This was reported to the Kaduna State Government by troops of Operation Safe Haven, who responded to distress calls and mobilized to the area,” Aruwan said.

Advertisement

“The assailants fled on sighting the troops. Nine corpses have been recovered so far following a search of the village. The deceased are identified as: Moses Dangana, Mary Dangana, Jummai Dangana, Jerry James, Happy James, Endurance Stephen, Comfort Emmanuel, Jummai Tanko and Mary Clement.

“One resident, Magdalene Dangoma, sustained gunshot injuries and is receiving treatment in hospital. Two houses were razed in the attack.

“Acting Governor Dr Hadiza Balarabe received the reports with sadness, and condemned the recent spate of devastating attacks in the area. She prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased, and sent condolences to their families.

Advertisement

“The Acting Governor wished the injured resident a quick recovery, and urged security agencies to sustain diligent investigations into the attack.”

Aruwan further noted that the troops are still carrying out search and rescue operations and will make public the exact number of casualties.

The southern Kaduna area of the state has been in the eye of the storm over the incessant attacks that lead to loss of lives and property.

Advertisement

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment