Rochas Okorocha, governor of Imo state, has sacked 13 political office holders in the state, including Uche Nwosu, his son-in-law.
Nwosu is believed to be Okorocha’s preferred choice as the next governor of the state.
In a statement on Wednesday, Samuel Onwuemeodo, chief press secretary to the governor, said the sacked appointees are seeking elective positions on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He listed those affected by the sack as:
- George Eche – Secretary to the Government of Imo State
- Uche Nwosu – Chief of Staff, Government House
- Paschal Chigozie Obi – Principal Secretary to the Governor
- Kingsley Uju – Deputy Chief of Staff (Operations)
- Emma Ojinero – Commissioner for Trade & Investment/Commerce
- Nnamdi Obiareri – Commissioner for Information
- Ngozi Njoku – Commissioner for Gender/Social Development
- Lady Joy Mbawuike – Commissioner for Market Development
- Obinna Mbata – Commissioner for Finance
- Dan Nworie – Commissioner for Tertiary Education
- Simeon Iwunze – Special Adviser on Urban Renewal
- Obinna Amagwula – Special Assistant General Duties
- Betty Uzoma- Special Assistant Finance