Thursday, January 20, 2022
MARKET UPDATE

TheCable

Advertisement

The jobs of all our employees are secure, says TVC

The jobs of all our employees are secure, says TVC
October 30
20:54 2020

The management of Television Continental (TVC) says none of its staff lost their jobs as a result of the attack on its head office in Lagos.

TheCable had reported how suspected hoodlums broke into the television station in Ikosi-Ketu, Lagos, setting its main studio ablaze.

Transmission gadgets; production rooms and operational vehicles of the news network, including cars belonging to its workers, were torched in the incident which happened on October 21, 2020.

There are reports that some workers were affected as a result of the incident but in a statement on Friday, Andrew Hanlon, chief executive officer (CEO) of TVC Communications, said the “jobs of all its 550 employees are safe and secure” and its staff have relocated to temporary offices while it builds another news studio.

Advertisement

“The reference to 250 jobs related to those of our employees who had been physically displaced due to the fire at our premises, this does not mean those same employees had subsequently lost their jobs due to the fire,” the statement read.

“All of our staff remain with us, and have merely now been relocated to temporary offices while we build a bigger and better television studio complex”.

The aftermath of the #EndSARS protest led to violence, arson and vandalism.

Advertisement

President Muhammadu Buhari had said at least 69 people were killed across the country following the hijack of the protest against police brutality.

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment