Wednesday, May 29, 2024
Advertisement Topt



UPDATED: Metuh hospitalised after vomiting on his way to court

UPDATED: Metuh hospitalised after vomiting on his way to court
May 19
11:10 2016

Olisa Metuh, spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is currently at the emergency ward of the national hospital, Abuja.

An associate of Metuh told TheCable that the PDP spokesman vomited several times in his car on his way to the federal high court, Abuja, on Thursday.

“Metuh was rushed to hospital last night. It is serious, ” the associate said.

“He is managing high blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis. The doctor asked him to stay at hospital, but he refused because he wanted to appear in court today. He is just stubborn. He does not want his health to get in the way of his trial.


“This morning he vomited in his car on our way to the court. It is sad. I cannot say all that he is going through, but it is bad. His health is deteriorating.”

TheCable visited the national hospital, and observed discreetly from Metuh’s medical record that he is suffering from a neurosurgical ailment besides diabetes and high blood pressure.

At present his family and friends are pouring in to visit him.


Metuh is facing a seven-count of criminal breach of trust and money laundering at the court.

As the case was called, Emeka Etiaba (SAN), his counsel, explained to Okon Abang, the judge, that his client was not in good health.

Etiaba went ahead to inform the court that the Metuh’s health challenge worsened on Wednesday night and he was rushed to the hospital by his brother in-law, Andy Aghaji.

He said on arrival at the hospital, they found out that nurses were on strike but they were attended to by a doctor who administered some drugs on him. The doctor, according to Etiaba, said due to the fact that the nurses were on strike, there was nobody to take care of him that night.


He said the drugs would make him drowsy and that he should be taken home and brought back to the hospital the following morning. They left the hospital at about 3.30 am Thursday morning.

Etiaba said not knowing the gravity of the problem, he told Metuh to see how he can manage himself and come to court this morning.

However, upon arrival at the court, Metuh started vomiting and had to be assisted to the court room.

Etiaba told the court that it was obvious that Metuh could not stand the trial in his state of health and that he needed to be taken back to the hospital.


He said he has been billed to be administered drugs on at 11 oclock.

Etiaba then prayed the court to grant an adjournment to enable Metuh go back to the hospital for treatment.


Counsel to the second defendant, Tobechukwu Onwugbufor aligned with Etiaba, saying he is aware that since Metuh fell in the office, his health had continued to deteriorate and he has not been able to go to work.

EFCC counsel Sylvanus Tahir did not object the application for adjournment.


The case was adjourned to Monday. After which Metuh was rushed back to the National Hospital

At the hospital, the doctors were livid in anger for Metuh disregarding their advice for the second time and wondered why he preferred endangering his life by going against their advice.


As at press time doctors have started administering drugs on Metuh despite the on-going strike that has paralysed activities in the hospital

Click on the link below to join TheCable Channel on WhatsApp for your Breaking News, Business Analysis, Politics, Fact Check, Sports and Entertainment News!



No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment

error: Content is protected from copying.